Thursday, January 10, 2008

Now, Discover Your Strengths

 

Title : Now, Discover Your Strengths
Author: Marcus Buckingham and Donald O.Clifton

There is an updated version of this book available in bookstores everywhere but I bought the earlier version for a real bargain :)

The book laid down 34 themes of strengths (read the summary of the themes here).

To discover your strengths, you can take the online test at Clifton StrengthsFinder but you need a code which you can get from purchasing any books from Gallups publication to register before you can proceed. You can take the test only once. I wish I had been more focused when I did it. I was watching TV and did not turn off the timer function at the site, some questions were automatically skipped if I did not answer within 20 seconds and I can't go back to change the answer even after I noticed I accidentally tick the wrong box.

My strengths are Learner, Deliberative, Individualization, Input and Adaptability. I thought I have a different set of strengths. Could my lack of focus which resulted in a few unanswered and wrongly ticked answers produce these result? I can never know without taking the test again. However, I thought I should use the strengths I have or said to have to its optimum level. With this blog, I'm using my Learner and Input strengths by documenting reviews, summaries, lessons learnt and anything that I've read and learnt :)

No comments: